Friday 22 October 2010

Welcome to a new crafting blog


Today is the first day of a new challenge blog called "PINK FRIDAY".

The aim of the blog is to make a Pink card or project (including cakes etc. with pink  decorations, yummy!)

Would you like to cheer someone up? Have you noticed how many people, sadly, suffer from Cancer?
My mum had breast cancer 10 years ago but after  a year long treatment of chemo and Radiotherapy she was cured and is alive and well today, thankfully.
So many of our dear blogging friends in the craft world have or are suffering or they have family and friends suffering.
I thought it would be nice to designate a day to make a "Pink" card that you could give/send to someone to let them know you care and that you are thinking of them. You could even donate it to your local hospice or charity shop.
It doesn't have to be for people with cancer only. It can be for any illnerss suffered like MS, depression a rough pregnancy etc.

It is amazing how just receiving a card can cheer someone up so much. Like medicine in an envelope!

So, I am starting up "Pink Friday". The idea is that on a Friday you make a Pink card or Pink project.
You can Email it to me at theparadiseway@hotmail.com and I will show it this blog. Or you can post it on your own blog.

We can't cure cancer but together I think us crafters can put a smile on the faces of those who aren't feeling too good


Edited to add

This is the first card made for Pink Friday by Kym. Thank you Kym for being the first to join in making a card to cheer someone up.
I hope others will join in too
hugs sarah x

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely challenge and what lovely DT cards.

    Here is my card for this challenge

    Best wishes

    Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Sarah!
    I desperatley tryed to be the first follower, but it wasn't working at the moment, it wouldn't direct me to the 'join'page.
    so I will pop back soon to join up and support :O)

    Have a good friday evening.

    Hugs Nina xx

    Ps sweet card :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER idea for a blog challenge Sarah! Good luck, I hope you get lots of followers. If you make a little logo I would love to post it on my blog to help spread the word! Also, when I get back from visiting my daughter in Oregon I look forward to playing along and will post your link with my card entry. Love ya, J:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely challenge and another entry from me.

    Here is my card for this challenge

    Best wishes

    Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete